Monday, July 11, 2011

The Tom Baker Scarf is Complete!

So, about two months ago I had started work on the infamous Tom Baker Dr. Who scarf. I finally finished it last Thursday! Woot!
So, here are a couple of pictures for you :)

This thing was monstrous at 10 feet 10 inches (including the fringe) and 12 inches wide! Nearly swallowed my son whole!

But my friend love love loved it- as if you couldn't tell by the cheesy happy grin on his face! He even did his happy dance for me- which, with the fringe flying everywhere was vaguely reminiscent of a burlesque feather dance, hehe. That boy can really wiggle!


So, let's get some specs out there:
Yarn: 7 skeins of I Love This Yarn brand in 7 colors
Needles: size 8 (5.0mm)
Finished size: 10'10" (including fringe) and 12" wide- I was so happy that this came out to the correct size!
Number of stitches: 57,365; 1043 rows (includes bind-off row) x 55 stitches
Time: Just under 2 months; approximately 3-5 hours/night - This was approximately: The entire series of Scrubs, Lie to Me, Season 2 of Glee, Season 5 of Dr. Who, a couple of random movies, half of 10 Things I Hate About You (tv show), Season 1 of Numb3rs, and some other shows that I know I watched during this endeavor!

1 comment:

  1. Wow~ That's 2 of me kind of LONG!!! I bet it's very heavy! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete